A biometric passport photo is needed for a driving licence.
The requirements are identical to the requirements for a passport application or renewal.
The main technical requirements are –
- Taken within the last month prior to applying
- In colour
- On plain, white photographic paper with no border
- On a plain cream or light grey background
- Clear and in focus
- Free from creases or tears
- A close-up of full head and shoulders only
- Free from objects and other people
For a full guide to what is required, see our Biometric Passport Photo guide